[Monotone-devel] mtn switch_branch or similar functionality

From: Daniel THOMPSON
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtn switch_branch or similar functionality
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:30:56 +0100

Hi Folks

I'd like a way to tell monotone that 'next time I commit please use this
branch instead of the branch your current revision comes from'. The
request is based on observing people I work with continually commit to
the 'wrong' branch.

I think this can be achieved by updating _MTN/options with the new
branch name and a pile of error checking.

Obviously if the branch name does not exist there is no problem but I
think we would need use some logic (copied from the pre-commit error
checking) to make sure that the eventual commit would be allowed before
allowing the switch to take place.

Would this command be generally useful?

--
Daniel Thompson (STMicroelectronics) <address@hidden>
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4SQ. 01454 462659

If a car is a horseless carriage then is a motorcycle a horseless horse?