Re: [Monotone-devel] patch for umask on MinGW

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] patch for umask on MinGW
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:50:00 -0700

On 4/28/07, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
Here is a possible fix for umask in key_store.cc on MinGW:

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I really don't think
key_store.cc should have to know that "umask" is the relevant concept,
especially since the way to do this on Windows is so very different.
If we have a write_data_userprivate(), we can use 3-argument open() on
Unix, and we can [theoretically - I stared at MSDN for some time this
afternoon without being able to figure out how] do the appropriate
dance on Windows too.  I actually coded this up quite some time ago
but forgot to finish debugging it.  I've pushed it now.  It works on
Unix; I hope the Windows code works too, but I don't actually have the
ability to test it - even to compile it.

zw