[Monotone-devel] CHAR_BIT on Mac OS X not in <limits>

From: Jens Finkhäuser
Subject: [Monotone-devel] CHAR_BIT on Mac OS X not in <limits>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:17:33 +0200

Hi!

Building 0.35 on Mac OS X (10.4.10), I found that you're expecting
CHAR_BIT to be defined in <limits>. The file in question is
numeric_vocab.hh .

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. The C header
<limits.h> does define CHAR_BIT, however. Including both does not seem
to cause any conflicts.

I'm currently fiddling with the monotone source code to create a new
command that allows me to re-sign revisions. At first glance, that seems
possible.

Why do I want to do that? Let's just say I did stuff when I wasn't fully
awake... as a result, I now have a number of revisions in my db that are
signed with a key that doesn't exist anymore. What's worse, I have a key
with the same ID in the db, so monotone (quite correctly) cries havoc.
And, no, I don't have backups.

If you have any better idea than regenerating signatures with the new
key for each revisions, I'd be glad to hear it. If not, is there any
interest for a command like that to go into monotone? Any preferences as
to the specifics of this command?

Personally, I'd go the simple/stupid way and would want

  mtn sign <key id> <revision>

overwriting any previous signatures for that revision in the db.

Thanks for any replies,
  Jens