Re: [Monotone-devel] has anyone built on windows with VS8 lately?

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] has anyone built on windows with VS8 lately?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:43:55 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:31:37 -0500, "Kelly F.
Hickel" <address@hidden> said:

kfh> Trying to set up a buildbot, so first building by hand to make sure
kfh> everything is set up right, following the instructions at
kfh> http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/BuildingOnWindows/VC8
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>
kfh> I get the errors below in idna, the types are defined in
kfh> numeric_vocab.hh in the monotone directory, is there something I should
kfh> do to work around this?
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>
kfh> 2>nfkc.c
kfh>
kfh> 2>d:\dev\open_source\mtbuildbot\build_test\monotone\idna\stringprep.h(81
kfh> ) : error C2016: C requires that a struct or union has at least one
kfh> member
kfh>
kfh> 2>d:\dev\open_source\mtbuildbot\build_test\monotone\idna\stringprep.h(81
kfh> ) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'TYPE_U32'
kfh>
kfh> 2>d:\dev\open_source\mtbuildbot\build_test\monotone\idna\stringprep.h(82
kfh> ) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'end'

Whatever Windows uses as config.h needs to be updated with the new
macros TYPE_U8, TYPE_U16, TYPE_U32, TYPE_U64, TYPE_S8, TYPE_S16,
TYPE_S32 and TYPE_S64.

Cheers,
Richard

-----