Re: [Monotone-devel] Unix domain sockets

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Unix domain sockets
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 03:14:05 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:06:36 -0700, William Uther
<address@hidden> said:

willu.mailingLists>    My latest approach is to make a new transport scheme;
ssh+ux://
willu.mailingLists> and is in the branch: net.venge.monotone.local-sockets.
The server
willu.mailingLists> is started once and listens on a unix domain socket
(addressed
willu.mailingLists> through the file system on the server):
willu.mailingLists>
willu.mailingLists> mtn serve --db=myDB.mtn --no-transport-auth
--bind-local-socket=/a/
willu.mailingLists> path/i/can/use
willu.mailingLists>
willu.mailingLists> A client then connects by opening an ssh connection and
uses the
willu.mailingLists> "socat" command to connect the unix socket to stdio:
willu.mailingLists>
willu.mailingLists> mtn --db=localDB.mtn pull ssh+ux://host/a/path/i/can/use "*"
willu.mailingLists>
willu.mailingLists> Multiple clients can connect at the same time, and they all
work
willu.mailingLists> correctly.
[...]
willu.mailingLists> Thoughts?

Yes, one: would it be possible to have the server accept connections
both on the usual port and through ssh+ux:?

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/