[Monotone-devel] Re: Intermittent buildbots, Buildbot on Windows, and ru

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Intermittent buildbots, Buildbot on Windows, and runit on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:11:32 +0200

Justin Patrin wrote:
> the buildbots would have to be up
> and down depending on what I'm doing on my machines. Would the
> community still find these useful?

I'm also interested in that answer (for my possible future part-time
cygwin buildbot).

> If I am to run a buildbot on MingW....how? I don't see any Windows
> instructions on the BuildBot page and I have heard that runit
> shouldn't(?) be used. Does anyone have instructions for how to set up
> a buildbot on Windows?

I didn't use runit on FreeBSD neither, I preferred (for no other fact
that I already am acquainted with it!) to use DJB's daemontools.

The "hardest" part was to find the correct command line to avoid it from
forking and detaching ;-)

This may be useful to you:

  /usr/local/bin/twistd --nodaemon --no_save
    --python=../slave-dir/buildbot.tac
    --pidfile=../slave-dir/twistd.pid
    --logfile=../slave-dir/twistd.log
    --prefix=slave

(or, at least, it would be useful to use as a cygwin service, which I
plan to try, but dunno about what mingw has as glue to make services...)

    Lapo