Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...

From: Howard Spindel
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 03:35:29 -0700

At 03:28 AM 8/2/2007, Richard Levitte wrote:

markus> Supporting all those architectures would of course be nice,
markus> and we should certainly strive for cross-platform compatibility.
markus> But most probably monotone didn't work and hasn't been used
markus> much on AIX or Solaris.

Mmmmm, I'm actually mostly thinking of Windows, which has been
supported with one binary in the past as well (just check the
downloads directory and you'll see them for yourself).

I'm fairly certain I've heard at least one Windows user squeek last
time I asked about this ;-).

Yes, you did, and it was me.

I'd be fine with the idea of going ahead and making a release that only works on a subset of the platforms, as long as eventually all of the platforms in use are caught up. I'm working on Windoze only, so I don't need cross-compatibility of mtn versions between different OSes. But other people conceivably might need that.

Howard