Re: [Monotone-devel] Annotate changes break tests?

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Annotate changes break tests?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:37:24 +0200

On Thursday 13 September 2007, William Uther wrote:
>    It seems the recent annotate changes in
> ae0a9c829c508851a9bcfbcc22d6b088ab472ff6 don't pass the test suite.
> Is this because the tests were broken too?

"Broken" is maybe too hard. Ralf brought back in sync the docs and mtn's
behavior for annotate with and without --brief, and the tests also have to be
fixed accordingly.

But, while we are at it, the discrepancy between docs and behavior showed
that --brief is really a bad name for that switch, so we should use something
more intuitive like --only-revs (which would invert the meaning again, yes,
the human readable form with author and date should be the default.)

- Thomas