[Monotone-devel] Introduction: Pablo

From: Pablo Delgado
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Introduction: Pablo
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 04:19:13 -0400

Hi Everyone,

My name is Pablo I work as the Lead Developer and Systems Analyst at the Trust in Miami, FL. We are currently using Monotone for one of our internal projects and so far I must say I really like it. If it proves it self it well replace the cvs servers. This was after careful consideration and huge debates with the I.T Manager and others who were pushing for Mercurial or Git. I obviously won that battle LOL. During the evaluation process several factors were taken into consideration, how the code was written was also a determining factor for the choice. After looking at HG (python .. yuck) I knew that was one software I would not stick my nose in. Git, came close and had a few features that I like that monotone was missing. But overall monotone was simple to use, flexible, stable, secure and had the most hooks allowing for tight integration with other software used for Developement Tracking and work just as the documentation stated it should work. Great Job!!!

So you are probably wonder what skills I have and how I would like to help the project (other wise stop posting junk email in our mailing list ....), right. Well, I have experience programming in C++ (my prefered programming language) although I must admit its been about 3 or 4 years I don't work on a C or C++ application. Currently I have been stuck working with PHP and Java. I also, have experience in systems management of UNIX or Linux servers such as Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux: RedHat (Yuck I know I only did it for work, lol), Suse, Slackware and Debian. I have also worked and currently work as a development project manager were I had to design, document and implement a development life cycle, and release cycle.

I hope that I can be of help. I was reading your ROADMAP file in the src directory and saw that you guys are looking to write up a HACKERS guide for coding monotone. Maybe I can look at the code as I study it and start writing up a draft.
Also, does the team have a formal SDLC? If so were can I read up on it?

Ok, that will be all for now, I will stop myself from rambling on, LOL!!!

Regards,
Pablo