Re: [Monotone-devel] No windows buildbot?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] No windows buildbot?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:32:41 -0400

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> I just noticed that we seem to have only one win32 buildslave at the
> moment, and it's building with VS2005 -- which is cool, but VS support
> is broken and we have never used it for actual releases in any case.
> So at the moment we have.. no automated testing on win32, and this is
> the platform that is most likely to get accidentally broken and also
> the one where such breakage is most likely to slip by us all
> unnoticed.

Right.

How is the Windows release built?

> I don't have any windows in the house, unfortunately, so I can't
> exactly help directly, but it seems like this would be a good thing to
> fix?  If we don't have testing, there's no way to guarantee that the
> next release of monotone will work on windows at all, and I suspect
> some people on this list would find that problematic :-).

Yes, I would.

I do try to run the testsuite often on my own machine, but that's not
the same as a buildbot.

I have a machine that I'm intending to set up a Windows MinGW buildbot
on.

I've been waiting for better buildbot install instructions to show up,
and for time to spend on it. The most recent set of emails about
setting up buildbots was discouraging.

Thanks for the nudge; I'll get to it sometime :).

--
-- Stephe