Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone keydir

From: Pablo Delgado
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone keydir
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:31:49 -0400

Justin Patrin wrote:
On 9/26/07, Ian Boisvert <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi. I was having a serious problem using monotone that
I was able to resolve and I thought I would share the
info.

My problem I was having was that executing a commit
would do nothing. After many minutes, I would have to
kill the commit because nothing was happening.

By profiling the commit, I was able to find that the
problem was that I had put my repository db in the
same directory as my keys. Whenever I executed the
commit, monotone would parse my database looking for a
key. I moved the keys and everything is OK.

Thanks for an excellent vcs.

The keydir is definately meant to only have keys.

What I do is create a database dir in $HOME/.monotone/databases, which is
where I keep all the various db's for monotone. I have no problems when doing this.
Maybe you should give it a try.

-Pablo