[Monotone-devel] Remote public key hash unknown

From: Ben Hood
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Remote public key hash unknown
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 18:06:43 +0000

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer and I doing so I forgot to backup the
original keyfile that I was using to push stuff to our mtn server.

I regenerated it and found out that the pubkey hash is the same as the
old one I mailed to the who installed my key on the server.

So I thought I'd be good to go, but I ran to a warning whilst
committing and an error during the sync:

$ mtn commit -m 'xxx'
mtn: beginning commit on branch 'com.rabbitmq.erlang-client'
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
mtn: committed revision ddfb25fd0a78c1d0853b554c8bca06ce8db8a73e
mtn: warning: ignoring bad signature by 'address@hidden' on
'address@hidden:Y29tLnJhYmJpdG1xLmVybGFuZy1jbGllbnQ=]'
mtn: warning: ignoring bad signature by 'address@hidden' on
'address@hidden:Y29tLnJhYmJpdG1xLmVybGFuZy1jbGllbnQ=]'

$ mtn sync
mtn: connecting to dev.rabbitmq.com
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: certificates | keys | revisions
mtn:          417 |    7 |       139
mtn: warning: protocol error while processing peer dev.rabbitmq.com:
'received network error: remote public key hash
'801dc474ae1d8964b734383c38de795bcedfbca4' is unknown'
mtn: bytes in | bytes out | revs in
mtn:      104 |       341 |       0
mtn: error: processing failure while talking to peer dev.rabbitmq.com,
disconnecting

Have I done something wrong here?

The other potentially influencing factor is that I downloaded the 0.37
version after I did the upgrade, whereas previously I was using 0.36.
I'm using OSX 10.5.

Thanks for any help,

Ben