Re: [Monotone-devel] Can't merge in Monotone on WinXP

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Can't merge in Monotone on WinXP
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:58:27 +0000

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 02:26:46PM -0500, Benjamin Place wrote:
> Can you help me? Does it require Cygwin? I've look through the
> monontone-devel mailing list archives, but everything I saw there was
> for Cygwin.

You shouldn't need cygwin, no.

> Windows XP Pro SP2, no cygwin. I've set %MTN_MERGE% to "C:\Program
> Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseMerge.exe", "C:\Program
> Files\TortoiseSVN\bin", "C:\Kdiff3", "C:\Kdiff3\kdiff3.exe" with no
> better results.

MTN_MERGE is not the path to the merge program -- just knowing the
path to the merge program is useless to mtn, because every merge
program needs to be invoked in a different way.  MTN_MERGE is just a
magic key into mtn's internal table of mergers; you should set it to
"tortoise" or "kdiff3", and that will invoke the code that knows how
to run TortoiseMerge.exe or kdiff3.exe, respectively.  (However, the
executables do need to be findable on your path, then.)

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen