Re: [Monotone-devel] "mtn pull" hangs (was: "mtn clone" hangs)

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] "mtn pull" hangs (was: "mtn clone" hangs)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:56:00 +1100

On 13/11/2007, at 10:35 PM, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

I have no idea why the file:// URL would be failing (other than on
Windows).  This is tested for in
the unit test "netsync_over_pipes". What platform are you running on? Is
the db you're pulling from local, or on some file server?

It is Monotone 0.37 under FreeBSD 6.2 and the database is on
the local UFS filesystem. If I pull from the same database via
ssh://localhost/<path> instead of file:<path> everything works just
fine. The problem seems to be really related to the "file" I/O.

Can you make it fail with a small test case?

The freebsd buildbot passes the "netsync_over_pipes" test.

Will         :-}