Re: [Monotone-devel] Fw: [bug #21706] automate packet IO broken on 0.37

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Fw: [bug #21706] automate packet IO broken on 0.37
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:24:33 +0100

2007/12/3, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden>:

> If 0.36 read this packet, then subsequent versions should too.  This
> looks like an easy fix.

I've also found it (feed_packet_consumer::rcert_packet at packet.cc).
Args reader should be avare that value part of cert can be splitted
into multiple lines. This is quick and dirty patch in attachment that
should work (sorry i don't have env to build & test it).

> The packet reading code doesn't really have comprehensive tests;
> would you be interested in writing some?

Well. In ideal world yes in reality - not enough time. (reason ==
subject(last(signature.split())).
For example I've never found enough time to correctly build
monotone+unitests on my machine (partly because my laptop is very slow
and mingw slows it even more in comparision to linux.).
Never mind understanding the whole Lua test machinery (C++ unitests
looks familiar).

In the meantime I'm using packet_io in via mtndumb and I will detect
problems in the easiest and cheapest way: end-user way ;).

Greetings,
--
Zbigniew -zbigg- Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / happy daddy /