RE: [Monotone-devel] Re: What does it mean when a revision hastwobranch

From: Craig L. Ching
Subject: RE: [Monotone-devel] Re: What does it mean when a revision hastwobranch certs?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:41:55 -0600

> Lapo Luchini <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Craig L. Ching wrote:
> >> Heh, I figured that but thought I'd just make sure, sometimes
things
> >> aren't as obvious as they seem, not so in this case ;-)
> >
> > The most common source of dual-branched revisions is (I think) when
you
> > "propagate" and no change is needed (a new branch cert is simply
added,
> > as the message clearly states).
>
> Just FYI, in this case I wanted to create a branch, but not commit any
> changes.
>
> This follows the CVS usage; create a branch tag, then commit changes
> on the branch.
>
> So I used "mtn cert" directly.

Well, that brings up an interesting question.  So would it also be
possible for a revision to have two author certs as well?  I mean, if
you can add certs manually, what sorts of things should I be watching
for?  I'm working on a repository browser so I'm trying to make sure I
have all the edge cases covered.  I was going under the assumption that
a revision would only be on one branch and have one author, but now I
need to rethink that ;-)

And I guess instead of just displaying certain certs I'm going to have
to make sure I have a way to display the ones that I know nothing about.

> --
> -- Stephe

Cheers,
Craig