[Monotone-devel] empty certificates

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: [Monotone-devel] empty certificates
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 22:06:36 +0100

Hello all,

I see there is little inconsistency in treating cert values.

Some places support empty cert values (THEM) some not (empty cert
value == 0 bytes length string).

Commands supporting THEM:
  - netsync push/pull
  - automate certs
  - automate get_packets_for_certs
  - mtn cert h: foobar ""

Namely it's possible to create cert with empty value (and it's
possible since long time) and sync it but ...

Commands don't support THEM
  - ls certs
  - packet read (mtn read)

So.
I think we should support THEM because someone might have THEM
already in databases (i did it for example).

If no one has objections I will add support for THEM in two places
mentioned above.

PS. Are there any other known places that deal with cert values that
might be empty ?

Regards,
--
Zbigniew -zbigg- Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / happy daddy /