[Monotone-devel] I don't know if this is a good idea or not

From: Judson Lester
Subject: [Monotone-devel] I don't know if this is a good idea or not
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:53:14 -0800

Inspired by the 0.37 mtn_automate and register_command hooks, I've written what's become a fairly lengthy lua script, suitable for inclusion from a monotonerc that provides rudimentary release management.

It adds two commands:

mtn release [version (M.m.s)] [revision] adds an x-revision cert to the revision with the version number in it and outputs a changelog
mtn changelog [file] outputs a basic changelog based on the commit messages in the current branch up to and including the last x-release certified revision

The changelog can be trimmed with a changelog_ignore file - patterns in the file will be eliminated from the output.

If nothing else, I've cemented my understanding of how certificates and revisions interrelate, and there are a number of useful support functions in the file that might be worth pulling out into a utility.lua later.

Judson
--
Your subnet is currently 169.254.0.0/16.  You are likely to be eaten by a grue.