[Monotone-devel] Portable case syntax

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Portable case syntax
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:38:42 +0100

Hello,

[ Let me CC this to the list so that others are also aware of the problem and we can all prevent it from popping up again in the future. ]

Revisions 1220eee and 113b593f added some shell case statements that are unportable to some interpreters, thus breaking the configuration; an example is NetBSD 3.0. These constructions looked like:

case $foo in
        (bar) do_something ;;
        (baz) do_other ;;
esac

The problem is that the opening parenthesis is not correct. The correct syntax for the above is:

case $foo in
        bar) do_something ;;
        baz) do_other ;;
esac

The fixes for the above went in in 80e9c375 and 31db4530 respectively.

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>