[Monotone-devel] Fw: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.38 released

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Fw: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.38 released
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:38:28 +0100 (CET)

OK, to whoever is concerned, it would be a good thing if I was allowed
to post on monotone-announce.  Graydon?  Nathaniel?

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis
--- Begin Message --- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.38 released Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:39:22 -0500
been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
address@hidden

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.38 released Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:39:07 +0100 (CET)
A new release!  0.38 has few but important changes and bug fixes.

Wed Dec 12 21:21:15 UTC 2007

        0.38 release.

        Changes

        - mtn log now prints a single dot for a project's root
          directory instead of an empty string.

        - mtn now warns if changes to a file will be ignored because
          the file has been deleted on one side of a merge.

        - mtn now errors if your chosen private key doesn't match the public
          key of the same name in your database.

        - mtn now checks for your key before a merge action takes place to
          ensure that any manually merged file isn't lost in an error case

        Bugs fixed

        - a bug introduced in 0.37 prevented an external merger from being
          executed unless the MTN_MERGE environment variable was set

        - mtn read successfully reads revision data, and cert packets again

        - mtn consistently supports certs with empty values
          (fixed 'ls certs' and 'read')

        Internal

        - Update Botan to 1.7.2.

        - Moved the gzip implementation out of the Botan directory.

        Other

        - Added the scripts of the following Lua-based contributed
          Monotone extension commands to contrib/command/:
          "mtn base", "mtn fuse", "mtn revision", "mtn conflicts".

        - Added a hooks version of the contributed ciabot script,
          contrib/ciabot_monotone_hookversion.lua

        - The monotone manual is now licensed under the GPL rather than
          the GFDL.

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/