[Monotone-devel] project management cat says xfail tests that are expect

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] project management cat says xfail tests that are expected to fail
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:46:15 -0500

I have changed the new merge_update_part_of_file test to an expected failure.

Please do not commit test cases that are hard failures.  If you are
not adding the test along with code changes that fix the bug, make it
an expected failure.  This way, people working on unrelated parts of
the program do not have to worry about whether they somehow managed to
break your test case.

[For the record, I plan to work on bringing us bzr accurate diff¹
after I'm done with .encapsulation, which - I hope - will fix all or
most of these bad line merges that keep popping up.]

zw

¹ http://bramcohen.livejournal.com/37690.html