Re: [Monotone-devel] non-content conflicts

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] non-content conflicts
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:49:58 -0700

Christopher Vance wrote:
When attempting to propagate changes from one branch to another using
0.35, I sometimes see this:

mtn: warning: rename target conflict: nodes 13, 9, both want parent 1,
name joint
mtn: warning: resolve non-content conflicts and then try again.
mtn: error: merge failed due to unresolved conflicts

You have two files (or directories) both with the same name (say "bar") that want to have the same parent directory (say "foo") meaning that these two things both want to be called "foo/bar" in the merge result.

I think it's complaining about both branches having the same directory
created after the branches diverged. What does mtn want me to do to
fix this?

Should I just rename one of the directories to something else, move
the content over, and remove the now empty directory?

Something along those lines, yes.

The messaging should hopefully be quite a bit better in 0.39 when it comes out.

Cheers,
Derek