Re: [Monotone-devel] Release recommendations?

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Release recommendations?
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:42:13 -0500

On Wed, Feb 6, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> wrote:
>  > Either way it goes, I wasn't considering waiting ENDLESSLY.  I was
>  > rather pondering if I should make a release this week (would be
>  > friday) or next (would be that friday then).
>
>  I'd personally vote for a release this week. If Zack considers nvm.e.e
>  mature enough to go in, so be it. Otherwise we shouldn't wait for an
>  internal change, which doesn't buy the user anything.

I sent a nvm.e.e status report last night.  Barring any objections to
the code, it could land today, depends if I hit any snarls while
trying to do the last piece (which I *think* is just the large
mechanical change of creating database, keystore, and workspace
objects as needed from the CMD functions).

I'm happy with the way it's turning out, and I don't think there's any
reason to hold it for after a release, but if other people are not
happy, now is the time to say something.

zw