Re: [Monotone-devel] locale bug ?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] locale bug ?
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 07:32:22 -0600

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 11:47 -0600, Hugo Cornelis wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a problem with automated certification of versions in my
> monotone repositories.
> I try to add certs to specific revisions in one of my monotone
> repositories, and the monotone commands are run from an automated test
> script over a cron job.
>
> The certs are added using the following command:
>
> $ mtn cert '5bff4fed76f3d6351d0f2edcc0b3cb4735126c6b' build_report
> 'yaml_text follows
> ---
> build_report:
>     command: /usr/local/bin/neurospaces_build
>     name: Build report

> where monotone answers with the error message:
>
> mtn: misuse: error converting 12 UTF-8 bytes to IDNA ACE: non-LDH characters
>
> Any ideas how I can solve the problem and avoid it in the future?  Is
> this a bug or am I doing something wrong ?  Is this related to the
> fact that the cert value is a multi line string ?

Monotone has some very silly rules about what characters can be in a
cert name -- numbers, letters, and '-'. I have no idea what the
reasoning behind this rule was, but we should probably try to make it go
away. Until that happens, you'll have to use cert names that only have
those characters.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net