Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:13:15 +1100

    William> I just went and had a quick look at the current source.
    William> In check_mergerc(), why has the mergerc file text been
    William> split into two places - the main block of text at the end
    William> of the perl file, and a smaller block that gets added in
    William> check_mergerc()?  I'd just move the lua code for
    William> note_netsync_revision_received() to the end of the
    William> monotone.pm file where the rest of the mergerc file is
    William> stored.

I will answer this bit for now.

This was deliberate, so the full path name of ikiwiki-netsync-hook can
be hardcoded instead of relying on the path.

Inserting ikiwiki-netsync-hook (eg. /usr/local/bin from memory) in the
system path is dumb for a number of reasons:

* ikiwiki may not have write access to /usr/local/bin

* ikiwiki-netsync-hook needs to be different for different
  repositories.

* other reasons I can't think of right now.

So it makes sense to put the script in the repository. Unfortunately,
as far as I know, Perl won't do variable substitution unless we move
the code.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>