RE: [Monotone-devel] No windows buildbot?

From: Kelly F. Hickel
Subject: RE: [Monotone-devel] No windows buildbot?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:21:31 -0600

> >> up,
> >>
> >> The details of getting buildbot working on win32 is also something
> I'm
> >> not an expert on, unfortunately, but since we seem to have a
working
> >> vs2005 buildbot already I'm sure someone around here knows how to
do
> >> it :-).
> >>
> >> -- Nathaniel
> >
> > I'm the one running the vs2005 buildbot (on vista) and I updated the
> > instructions in the wiki as best I could...  I don't know what
> > differences are required to use mingw, I started with the vs2003
> > instructions...
>
> I'm finally getting around to setting up a MinGW (and eventually
> Cygwin) buildbot.
>
> I'm looking at http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/BuildBot, and I don't see
> any Win32 instructions.
>
> I've got Cygwin installed, so I'm hoping the Unix instructions will
> "just work"; so far they have. More later.

I've had the Vista/VS2005 buildbot running for a year or so, mostly
things work the same as on unix (even without cygwin).  Below is the
batch file I use to start the build slave.  I haven't tried running it
as a different user or as a service, but it doesn't seem as if it should
be difficult.

SETLOCAL
set PATH=C:\Python25\;%PATH%;c:\program files\monotone
set INCLUDE=C:\Program
Files\boost\boost_1_34_0;D:\DevTools\iconv-1.8-w32-1\include;d:\devtools
\zlib\include;%INCLUDE%
set
LIB=D:\DevTools\iconv-1.8-w32-1\lib;d:\devtools\zlib\lib\windows;C:\Prog
ram Files\boost\boost_1_34_0\lib;%LIB%
call C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\twisted\twistenv.bat
C:\Python25\scripts

cd slave-dir
twistd --nodaemon --no_save -y buildbot.tac -l twistd.log

-Kelly