Re: [Monotone-devel] BUG: Windows version doing an anonymous pull

From: Phil Hannent
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] BUG: Windows version doing an anonymous pull
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:35:41 +0100

Stephen Leake wrote:
I don't believe there is a monotone that comes "with MinGW".
Indeed, I meant the cygwin which was clearly apparent to you from my version. Sorry for the confusion.

type -a mtn
$ type -a mtn
mtn is /usr/bin/mtn
mtn is /bin/mtn
mtn is /cygdrive/k/Program Files/monotone/mtn
mtn is /cygdrive/d/Program Files/monotone/mtn
mtn is /cygdrive/k/Program Files/monotone/mtn
mtn is /usr/bin/mtn

As Timothy pointed out, the MinGW and Cygwin mtn's look for monotonerc
and the keys directory in different places
Indeed, however my use case is that I have a project which I am working on for my employer and I use the Windows version for (which works great) and the cygwin version which I use for working on Pidgin builds. I wanted a copy of the Guitone repository due to having a crash in it and just used the windows one which failed.

While I was aware of the two different locations I can confirm that they contain the same information as I started my work project using the cygwin version (with the keys from there) and changed to the MinGW version.

The monotonerc file in both locations just contains the get_passphrase function. The keys folder contains 2 keys.

Is there something which would have permitted the cygwin one to work and the mingw one not too within any files found in the .monotone or monotone folders?

Regards
Phil Hannent