Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:00:46 +0200

Derek Scherger wrote:
If that commit originally added the certification directory then you disapprove the commit it amounts to removing the certification directory. When you then say update monotone will remove the directory rather than leaving junk laying around. Monotone will refuse to remove the directory if that directory contains things it doesn't know about though, which is what you saw.

Yeah, but what if the commit *edits* a file. I undo the commit and monotone reverts the edits. That's not what I want. If I want that I'll run "mtn revert". The way Monotone acts, I lose my work.

Daniel.