Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:02:49 +0200

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
Step 1: Edit _MTN/revision to point to the previous revision.
Step 2: Run kill_rev_locally on the last revision.

I would prefer a single-purpose command, "mtn rebase -r <rev>", that only
rewrites the old_revision field in _MTN/revision.  Then, the user can
either kill_rev_locally h:, disapprove h:, or simply commit to create a
divergence if that's what they want.

I could go for that. I like uncommit/rollback but rebase is good too. I would remove the -r flag:

mtn rebase <rev>

The command "db kill_rev_locally" is long so I don't like it. What would be the consequences of a divergence? Is it ok if I simply run "mtn rebase" and then go on merrily on my way making my other branches? If so, then I would be entirely happy with rebase.

Cheers,
Daniel.