Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hooks

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hooks
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:32:00 +0200

Daniel Carrera schrieb:
> Say... you committed Monotone 0.41 (mtn ls certs t:monotone-0.41) so you
> must be the guy to talk to about this "mtn rebase" command we've been
> discussing. What do you think of adding "mtn rebase"?

Well, it was the first time that I had this release manager hat on -
this circulates from time to time ;)

In general new things get added when people find them useful. The usual
procedure is:

1) Somebody provides a patch or developes the feature in a separate
branch (implementation, tests and documentation included)

2) The feature's implementation is put on discussion on the list and the
original developer might get some further input

3) The everything is sound and bugfree, the feature gets into mainline

There is no "masterplan" or something which would hinder or even prevent
people improving / expanding monotone.

Thomas.