[Monotone-devel] Re: db kill_rev_locally

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: db kill_rev_locally
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:21:21 +0100

Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> So it can only happen if the developer has SSH access. Tell me if I'm
> wrong, but if you want developers to tunnel through SSH they can then
> execute Monotone commands including "db execute". Right?

Indeed.  So don't do that.  Instead, offer a monotone server that
people can push to.

(That's how monotone's intended to be used.  Other systems work
differently---git's daemon isn't really intended for pushing to, for
example; ordinarily the people who update the repository uses ssh, and
often that's one person (other people send patches by email, or offer
up servers for pulling from).)

[...]