Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn db check

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn db check
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 16:34:07 -0500

On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 19:33 +0200, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm reading the documentation of mtn db check. It says that, among other
> things, this command will detect the following problem:
>
> "missing manifests that are referenced by their sha1 hash from some
> revision but do not exist in the database."

Hmm, it sounds like the documentation is outdated since we don't
actually store manifests anymore.

> My question: What is a manifest?

It's the integral of your revision history.

revision 1
        add_dir "."
        add_file "foo" [da39...]

revision 2
        parent "1111..."
        add_file "bar" [1234...]
        rename "foo" "xyzzy"

manifest of revision 2
        directory "."
        file "bar" [1234...]
        file "xyzzy" [da39...]

You can get one from "mtn au get_manifest_of <revid>".

We used to store these, but switched to storing "rosters" instead. These
are like manifests, but they also include various cached values that
speed up merging.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net