Re: [Monotone-devel] Concerns about the net.venge.monotone.stripped bran

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Concerns about the net.venge.monotone.stripped branch
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 00:18:01 +0200

Hi,

Markus Wanner wrote:
> Richard Levitte wrote:
>> Just a moment ago, I saw a change that made the montone code depend on
>> the version of SQLITE as described by a C macro.  That's fine and
>> dandy provided you link monotone with the static library, but what
>> happens if it's linked with the shared library and then moved to
>> another machine with a more modern (or even slightly older!) version
>> of SQLite?

Proper runtime checks are in place for SQLite and Botan since revision
7aa69891001cc53af518ca9bff8e1c7dae0c280d.

SQLite seems to maintain a backwards compatible API for all versions
3.x.x. Compiling against 3.3.8 and running with 3.5.9 worked just fine
for all unit test.

Botan has a stable branch 1.6.x and a development one being 1.7.x.
Supporting the moving target 1.7.x branch is a bit of a hassle, but OTOH
we well be up and running right away when 1.8.x alias next stable branch
comes out.

Regards

Markus Wanner