Re: [Monotone-devel] new include/exclude commands?

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] new include/exclude commands?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:07:50 -0500

For me personally a real annoyance is changes to Makefile.in,
config.log and configure scripts due to development done on a
different architecture (distributed development).  Excluding those
from (most) commits and status queries would be greatly appreciated.

Hugo

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Derek Scherger schrieb:
>> > Since 0.40 there is a new hook `get_default_command_options` which could
>> >

>> > Hrm, I hadn't used that before, but it does seem nice. Was it added just
>> > after 0.40 or is it included in 0.40?  (my system installed 0.40 doesn't
>> > seem to have it but more recent builds do)
>>
>> Sorry, my bad, it was 0.41 where I introduced that. And I agree that a
>
> No worries, I was just confused for a minute.
>

>> frontend command would be nicer for this, but I wanted to note that its
>> possible and available ;)
>
> Ok good, it is good to know that there are other possibilities too. I'll
> commit what I have to a branch and we can bat it around a bit.
>
> Just to be clear, it does not use a versioned .mtn-exclude file at the
> moment though. I currently have unversioned workspace files in _MTN/includes
> and _MTN/excludes containing the accumulated mtn include and mtn exclude
> paths respectively. The contents of these files are literally just added to
> the list of paths specified to various commands or to the list of
> --excludes.
>
> Cheers,
> Derek

Hugo

--

                    Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

              Neurospaces Project Architect
                http://www.neurospaces.org/

                  Research Imaging Center
   University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                    7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                 San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                    Phone: 210 567 8112
                      Fax: 210 567 8152