[Monotone-devel] Re: Summit thoughts - and changes?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Summit thoughts - and changes?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:42:04 +0200

Daniel Carosone wrote:
> I thought it might be a good idea to introduce a different kind of
> gathering, on a more regular schedule.  The basic idea is to have a
> quarterly gathering using online tools or multiple regional centres
> connected together using online tools, three out of the four quarters
> of the year, and keep the 4th gathering more along the in-person
> nature of the summits we've had so far.

Yay for me! =)

I think it's a good idea for at least the following reason: while we can
develop monotone any day of the year, some more subtle or bigger problem
need a little more thinking and carefulness that it's easy to allocate
in the half an' hour between working hours and dinner (so to speak, or
in general the little previous personal time we all like to dedicate to
monotone now and then), OTOH having a "booked" date in the calendar can
be a good "excuse" to tackle those bigger problems, or at least find
some time for monotone out of the daily routine…

> As for the next major summit, perhaps it is about time we had one in
> Australia.  I know, from going the other way too often, that it's a
> long trip for many - but we do also have a number of folks in this
> region, some of whom haven't been able to make previous trips.

Uh, some 26 hours is not a short trip for sure (and much credit to you
for having done it twice already) but OTOH Australia should be
*interesting*.

I don't know how many people has a work as flexible as being able to
take two weeks in the middle of the year, though… but I can at least
think about it and see ;)

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“I do engineering, not religion.” (Daniel J. Bernstein)