Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL

From: Robert White
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:19:27 -0700

Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Robert White wrote:
>
>> If you don't believe in these use cases, consider contractors who may
>> need to keep work separate for different employers but will want to
>> use their one business email address for all their business;
>

> One thing I don't understand is why this contractor needs different
> keys for each employer.

Try things like wanting to be able to revoke/destroy one key when the
contract is over etc.

>> or consider the need to have two or more development stations that _can_
>> _not_ reach each other over a network, so sneaker-netting a secondary
>> store would be required.  (and so on).
>

> I also don't understand why this scenario requires different keys for
> each store.

Try things like wanting to be able to revoke/destroy one key when the
contract is over, or maybe because the keys were made at different times
for different purposes.

Seriously, just because you don't understand any use case where you
would want more than one key doesn't mean they don't exist...