Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.44 pull progress on windows

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.44 pull progress on windows
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 06:37:35 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Maybe what we should do is believe isatty() if it returns true, but
>> check TERM if it returns false?  I can think of situations where that
>> would break something, but I think they would be rarer than now.
>
> There's a similar problem when running mtn in a bash shell under Emacs
> on Gnu/Linux; apparently isatty returns false then also (it's a
> psuedo-tty). So we should use the same logic there.

It turns out Emacs 22.2.1 on Debian sets TERM to 'dumb', but Emacs
22.2.1 on Windows sets TERM to 'emacs'. And isatty returns true for
bash under Emacs on Debian.

So putting (setenv "TERM" "emacs") in my ~/.emacs fixes the
problem on Debian; no patch for unix/terminal.cc needed (except for a
comment explaining this).

Windows patch done. Tested on:

Windows cmd.exe console window
Cygwin bash console window