Re: [Monotone-devel] clone into current directory

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] clone into current directory
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 00:34:05 +0200

Timothy Brownawell schrieb:
>> It looks like 'clone' will remove the target directory if anything
>> fails, while I don't see code to do this in 'checkout' (I think all the
>> things that reasonably can fail are before it actually creates any
>> files). Probably the right thing here would be to have the
>> remove_on_fail cover only the _MTN directory (created early because it
>> contains the db) instead of the target directory, only in the case that
>> the target directory is '.'.
>
> Clone into the current directory should work now.

Out of interest, why don't we allow the checkout / clone into another
existing directory beside the current directory given as "." - if we
only remove _MTN in the error case and not the complete directory (which
could lead to a possible data loss), there is nothing which would speak
against this, right?

Thomas.