[Monotone-devel] Re: issues when linking to a threaded sqlite library (?

From: Tero Koskinen
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: issues when linking to a threaded sqlite library (?)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:27:10 +0300

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:26:12 +0200 Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Tero Koskinen wrote:
> >
> > On OpenBSD, Botan brings the -pthread dependency to Monotone.
> > It might be a similar issue on FreeBSD.
> >
> > I think it is possible to build Botan without threads, but
> > I haven't had time to figure out how to do it. (Simply
> > adding -pthread to the Monotone linking flags was easier.)
>
> Update: I have tested locally (with full success) a version of monotone
> linked WITHOUT -pthread against a sqlite3 and a botan that are both
> linked WITH -pthread.
> I guess similar approach would work also on OpenBSD (and NetBSD, whose
> monotone port is a bit old AFAICT... Dan, where are thou? ^_^).

With Botan 1.8.7 I was able to use noop mutexes and therefore eliminating
need for -pthread linking.

I configure Botan in a following way:
./configure.py --disable-modules=pthreads --enable-modules=noop_mutex

And remove -pthread flag from the src/build-data/cc/gcc file.

--
Tero Koskinen <address@hidden>