Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems with the tutorial

From: Gary
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems with the tutorial
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:42:31 +0100

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 07:37:10AM -0500, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Derek Scherger writes:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Stephen Leake
> > wrote:

> > Total longshot... is there any chance a virus scanner fired up in the middle
> > of this operation and somehow locked the database?
>
> Other possibilities:
>
> the database got created with read-only file permission

No, sorry:

$ ls -la mimosa.mtn
-rwxrwxrwx 1 gary Kein 303104 2010-02-02 14:12 mimosa.mtn
(but surely this also isn't right, unless we want everyone to be free to
hack at it)

> another process has the database locked.

I don't think so, but can't really prove it. Thomas mentioned that an
insert had already been done, which wouldn't be successful in such a
case.

BTW, in case it makes any difference at all:
$ sqlite3 --version
3.6.21

but I guess this is the same version you have, Stephe?

Does the Cygwin package maintainer hang out here, or is it better for me
to ask on the Cygwin mailing list?