Re: [Monotone-devel] bug#13604: undrop

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bug#13604: undrop
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:12:19 -0400

Derek Scherger <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Stephen Leake <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>    drop --recursive dir1
>>    (realize mistake)
>>    undrop dir1/file1
>>
>> What would that do?
>>
>> Currently, this gives an error:
>>  mtn: warning: restriction excludes addition of 'dir1' but includes
>> addition of 'dir1/file1'
>> mtn: misuse: invalid restriction
>>

>> opinions?
>

> If we change things so that parent directories of selected files/dirs are
> implicitly included  (non-recursively) I think this would be able to do what
> you expect, undrop dir1 and dir1/file1.
   ^ I (Derek)

As usual, our expectations differ. In the future, please don't try to
guess mine :).

I expect it to say "what do you mean by this?" in the form of an error,
as it currently does.

But the immediate question remains:

Is the undrop branch ready to propagate to main (I think not; we need to
do something about 'undrop' (no --recursive))

Do you agree that simply dropping the --recursive option is ok?

--
-- Stephe