[Monotone-devel] Failure to connect to IPV6 server

From: J Decker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Failure to connect to IPV6 server
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 23:56:00 -0700

Monotone has no ipv6 support?

It's something I've been implementing, and I had some firewall issues
otherwise, I can ping the IPV6 address, but monotone claims

mtn.EXE: network error: name resolution failure for
2001:db8:d:231::12: The requested name is valid, but no data of the
requested type was found. (11004)

(address changed to documentation prefix, and is literally not valid,
but, if the address was correct, it still fails to resolv.)

Linux uses 'inet_pton' for this translation, and Windows uses
'getaddrinfo' which works to resolve names and return the correct
address for literal addresses also.

for DNS resolution under linux, gethostbyname2() can be used to
resolve IPV6 and IPv4 addresses.