Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone merge error

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone merge error
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 11:14:46 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> I encountered this bug at work again this week. I have more clues about
> what causes it, and I'll work on a reproducer.
>
> In the meantime, I've implemented a check in 'db check', and a fix in
> 'db regenerate_caches'.

I now have a reproducer for this bug; see tests/branch_leaves_sync_bug/

The bug occurs when two developers each do the same merge, one developer
adds another commit, and then they sync. The merge revision and the new
commit revision are both left in branch_leaves; the merge revision
should have been deleted. I'm guessing the merge revision was added back
during the sync.

The bug does not occur if the two "developers" use the same authorname
and key.

I have not started trying to find the bug; I'm just basking in finding a
reproducer :).

--
-- Stephe