Re: [Monotone-devel] time for a release?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] time for a release?
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:33:22 +0200

Am 17.05.2010 08:32, schrieb Stephen Leake:
> Timothy has fixed the branch_leaves cache bug, and merged the change-log
> editor improvements and added --update/--no-update to main. Several
> other bug fixes have been done.
>
> And all tests are currently passing (at least on Debian).
>
> So I think it's time for a release?

Yes, it is time, but I'd like to wait a little longer, for a couple of
reasons:

1) I want to have all finished branches from our bugfest merged in first
(I'm not sure, but I think at least Richard's is missing)

2) I'd like to get my nvm.experiment.database-management branch ready
and merged in as well, so the change I did earlier to mtn setup (which
now creates a database if none is given) is changed to "create a
database in the default location or use the default database there". The
code compiles already and partially works, but I had to do a couple of
non-related changes to make database objects easier constructable and
other things, which make mtn currently crash badly. I'll commit my
current state tonight, so others have time to look at it. Maybe I'm on a
wrong path there.

3) I want to have a time window between the last feature merge and the
release of at least one or two weeks, for two reasons: have more people
test the changes and give the translators a chance to pick up the new
strings.

So from the current point of view a release should be realistic around
June 1st or shortly after.

Thomas.