[Monotone-devel] Review of net.venge.monotone.validate-changes

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Review of net.venge.monotone.validate-changes
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:34:43 +0200

Hi!

I hacked together support for a basic pre-commit hook similar to
validate_commit_message, just that this will be executed before the
commit message machinery starts, but after we validated the restriction,
branch name and everything else.

This could be useful to locally abort commits early if certain
conditions are not met, e.g. somebody could setup a hook which checks
for coding standards (like the simple example in the included test case
which bails out if it encounters CRLFs in committed files).

Please have a look over the new strings and drop me a note if I f*****
something up - oh, wait - the word "fuck" no longer has to be "beeped"
anymore since today in the US, right?! :)

Thomas.