Re: [Monotone-devel] Review of net.venge.monotone.key-selector

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Review of net.venge.monotone.key-selector
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:15:11 -0500

On 07/16/2010 05:04 PM, Thomas Keller wrote:

Sorry for the flood of minor feature branches lately, here is another
one which introduces a new "key" selector with which revisions can be
picked which have at least one certificate signed by the specified key.

This might particularily be useful to find orphaned public keys in a
database which never signed a revision or to get a distinct list of
revisions which have been signed by one or more users - though this
doesn't say much what certs they actually signed. (Combining that e.g.
with a generic "b:*" selector wouldn't help since the branch cert on the
revision doesn't have to be the cert we picked a particular revision
for. For this use case the k: selector would have to be coupled with a
second information: a cert name.)

Opinions anyone?

Looks good to me.

Do we really care about searching on a full name/value/key triple? It should be enough to search on name/value and whether the cert is trusted. ...I see we already have 't' (tag) and 'u' (update) selectors, maybe we also want 'r' (tRusted) and 'n' (uNtrusted) that work just like 'c' except for also checking the signatures and the trust hook?

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net