Re: [Monotone-devel] tracking upstream

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] tracking upstream
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:57:31 +1000

On 21 September 2010 22:15, Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do you want to push all/most of your company's changes upstream, or only
> specific changes you can identify in advance, or randomly-chosen changes?
> Does work generally *need* to be accepted upstream, or can you identify
> specific things you'd be OK carrying in a branch indefinitely?

We want to push everything upstream, so we don't have to maintain our
own branch long term. I think this should simplify things.

> Each separate thing that you (might) want to push upstream should be
> branched directly from upstream (same general idea as
> http://monotone.ca/wiki/DaggyFixes/). If you think you'll drop it if it
> isn't accepted, don't branch anything else off of it until it gets accepted.

Hmmm. Need to think about this one. Might help in some cases. Needs a
responsive upstream though otherwise I have these fixes in different
branches that nobody else can really use, because everyone is using
the upstream branch as the base.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>