Re: [Monotone-devel] question about monotone serve

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] question about monotone serve
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 01:50:52 +0100

Am 25.12.10 20:32, schrieb Hugo Cornelis:
> Hi all,
>

> I am trying to start a monotone server on port 4704, listening on all local
> network interfaces.  But monotone complains about the syntax of the bind
> command line argument.
>
> This is the command line I use:
>
> $ mtn --db /home/cornelis/neurospaces_project/MTN/rtxi.mtn serve
> --bind=:4704
> mtn: misuse: unable to parse host of URI ':4704'

This pops up because of a stupid workaround from me in
network/connection_info.cc:527 (setup_for_serve) - Aaron is right,
0.0.0.0:4691 should work in the meantime. Issue 119.

> PS: when the socket is still in TIME_WAIT I also got a 'bug in monotone'
> report:
> $ mtn --db /home/cornelis/neurospaces_project/MTN/rtxi.mtn serve
> --bind=localhost:4704
> mtn: fatal: std::runtime_error: network error: listen(2) error: Address
> already in use
> mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
> mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',
> mtn: and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden
> mtn: wrote debugging log to
> /home/cornelis/neurospaces_project/developer/source/snapshots/0/_MTN/debug
> mtn: if reporting a bug, please include this file

I cannot reproduce that on OSX with 0.99.1 - it always exits cleanly
with "mtn: network error: bind(2) error: Address already in use" shortly
after I quit a client connection to a server and try to setup a new
server (netstat still tells me its in TIME_WAIT). Could you please paste
the debug file somewhere? Many thanks!

Thomas.