Re: [Monotone-devel] Out-of-tree configure (1.0 regression)

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Out-of-tree configure (1.0 regression)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:52:45 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:12:38 +0200, Lapo Luchini
<address@hidden> said:

lapo> Richard Levitte wrote:
lapo> > Errr...  can you show a log?  I've had a separate build tree for ages
lapo> > and had no issues with that.  That's under Linux, mind, so maybe
lapo> > there's something cygwin specific that we've missed...
lapo>
lapo> Essentially:
lapo>
lapo> % cygport monotone-1.0-1 finish almostall | bzip2 > build.log.bz2
lapo> [....]
lapo> make[2]: Circular po/sv.gmo <- po/sv.gmo dependency dropped.
lapo> make[2]: Circular po/it.gmo <- po/it.gmo dependency dropped.
lapo> make[2]: Circular po/de.gmo <- po/de.gmo dependency dropped.
lapo> make[2]: Circular po/pt.gmo <- po/pt.gmo dependency dropped.
lapo> make[2]: Circular po/fr.gmo <- po/fr.gmo dependency dropped.
lapo>
lapo> Full log in attach.
lapo>
lapo> (didn't check in deep into it myself, could be a non-issue, I'll take a
lapo> better look after easter holydays hopefully ^_^)

OK, this is an issue in Makefile.am, and combines REBUILD_NLS not
being set and building in the source directory (or something that
looks like the source directory).  The culprit is the following lines
(from Makefile.am):

po/%.gmo: $(srcdir)/po/%.gmo
        cp $< $@

Cheers,