[Monotone-devel] Issue 186 - Subcommand for package bundle creation (mon

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Issue 186 - Subcommand for package bundle creation (monotone)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:21:20 +0200

Hello,

A new issue has been created and assigned
to you:

186 - Subcommand for package bundle creation
Project: monotone
Reported by: Martin von Gagern
Labels:
 Type:Defect
 Priority:Medium

This is a feature request coming from issue 182 comment 8.

http://www.monotone.ca/docs/Using-packets.html describes, how to manually
bundle packets for transfer via file. It would be nice to have some mtn
subcommand or other tool which can bundle up all the data required to make a
given revision (typically current local head) available in a remote repository.
That would be massively useful for attaching patches. I've written a small perl
script that automates the steps from the docs, but it requires explicitely
naming of the revisions to bundle. Extending that shouldn't be too hard, but
having this integrated into mtn would be even better. What do you think?

I might add that other some DVCS have such features:
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.2.4/en/user-guide/sending_changes.html
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Bundle
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bundle.html

--